Monday, February 13, 2017

I Love Sundays

Our week here was pretty good. We had a zone conference down in Albany on Wednesday, which was good. We talked a lot about planning. We also talked about using the gifts that we have been given to further the work of the Lord. The testimony meeting that we had at the end of Zone Conference was really good. There were a few missionaries that are leaving this transfer that bore their testimonies about what they've learned over their missions and the main thing that stuck out to me was the Atonement. It made me reflect on how I can improve to allow the Atonement to shape and change my life. I think it's important that we always look to Christ and trust Him during any situation. If we truly give ourself to Him, then we can feel His power in our life. As a missionary, I try to do that as much as I can, but I still feel like there is a ton more growth in that area for me. 

Yesterday was awesome. Sundays are truly my favorite day. I love being able to go to meetings with Brother Graham and talking about the work and how we can improve. And then being able to go to our other meetings in the morning and watching people give up their time so early on a Sunday morning, just because they all know that the Savior lives and that the Gospel is true. It is just cool to watch. And then partaking of the Sacrament and trying to truly prepare for that is something that is helping me in my desires to grow. Yesterday Nicole had us and Brother and Sister Graham over for dinner, so that was awesome. She made us some homemade calzones and some dessert. It was all super good and fun. She is continuing to just progress right along in the Gospel. She will hopefully be doing baptisms for the dead here in March, which will be sweet! We also had a lot of people at church Sunday, which was great. It is so important for people who are looking into the gospel to come to church because of the Spirit that is present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment