Monday, January 16, 2017

Awesome Week!

This week was awesome! It's crazy because I feel like through out the week I can think of so many things that I want to say in my email home but then when I get to Monday, it all seems to disappear from my mind! 

We are starting to prepare for our baptism this week! We are pretty excited about it. Nicole is really ready to be baptized. She made a goal to read the entire Book of Mormon by her baptism and she is almost there. It is pretty amazing! This week we were able to go to the temple for the visitors center! We went with the Lortie family and they drove us and Nicole. The Spirit at the temple and the visitors center is so strong. Nicole really enjoyed it at as well. It was cool for me too because I was able to see one of the sisters from my MTC district so that was awesome! Being able to feel of the Spirit there was really a refresher. 

It's still been pretty cold still. But it's starting to warm up which has been nice. 

This week a theme of my studies seemed to be fear. We talked about it with Brother Graham a little bit. He said that fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. It made me think about how often we allow fear to override our faith. I remember in the MTC our branch president talked about how Satan uses fear, while Heavenly Father uses faith. Its not always easy to rely on our faith during uncomfortable times, but I know that if we always stay focused on the Savior then we will be okay. It's a lot easier said than done though. When you think about Nephi and his brothers going to get the plates from Laban, an angel literally told them that they would be okay and Laman and Lemuel still questioned how it would be possible and were afraid of Laban's armies. Of course, Nephi had faith, trusted in the Lord, and it all worked out. That's what is important for us to remember. If we are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ by exercising faith, repenting daily, taking of the sacrament, listening for the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and striving to do our best, then we can have confidence that everything will be okay. 

We have interviews with President on Friday, so I am excited for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment