Monday, February 19, 2018

Miracles Continue


Things here have been busy, yet good. We are seeing a lot of progress and miracles that the Lord has been giving us. I found out of a really cool miracle this week over email. 

So back in September, I believe I told you about Yana. She was a girl from the Netherlands that was working in Oregon over the summer. Elder Oswald and I were out walking in the rain one day and she pulled her car over to us and started asking us if we were Mormons. She had some previous exposure to the church. Well, she went on to tell us that she was leaving town the following Wednesday. During our conversation, we started talking about temples, and we offered to go with her and some members of our ward to visit the Portland Visitors Center on the upcoming Monday before she left back for home. We went to the temple with our ward mission leader and his wife and they had a great time. Yana really loved it. We gave her a Book of Mormon and told her that we would send the missionaries near her home to give her a Book of Mormon in Bulgarian, which was easiest for her to read. Last Monday, I felt prompted to send her an email and see how things were going. Here is a little piece of what she sent back in her response this past week..

 “I got in contact with missionaries a week after I arrived in the Netherlands. They brought me bulgarial version of book of Mormon. I strated to read it and going to the church. They gave me some lessons and after 4 months I decided to get baptised. The seremony was this weekend. I realised that I after I have meet people from the church my life has changed to better.”

It is pretty amazing to see the way that the Lord is working! He put us in the right spot on that day, we were able to have the right conversation with her about temples, and eventually take a temple trip and she felt the Spirit there. Then, because of the technology we have we were able to help her get missionaries to her home and after 4 months she was baptized! It is really cool to see how the Lord is hastening his work and how we can have a small impact in one way that leads to a huge miracle in a different part of the world. I thought that was pretty cool!

We are about to go caving with some of the 18 year old priests In the ward, and then after that we are going to go “snowshoeing” with the Preims.


No comments:

Post a Comment