Monday, November 14, 2016

We Truly Are Blessed

This week was interesting. We had exchanges on Tuesday so I went down
to Redmond to be with one of our zone leaders, elder Christensen. It
is my 2nd exchange with him so far. They are always fun because we
keep all of our conversations focused on the gospel and it is always
really good. When I got back to Madras, I found out that during the
exchange, one of our friends that we have been teaching, Chuck, blew
up on Elder Hala and Sawada while they were talking about the
priesthood. He yelled at them and told them to leave and never come
back. It was really sad to hear because we loved Chuck and became
close with him. But I know that we did all that we could and he had to
exercise his own agency.

Yesterday we had an interesting experience. We were able to go up and
speak at the branch that they hold in the prison in Madras. It was
really interesting, but very cool. I was asked to speak on the Book of
Mormon, so I thought about it a lot and studied it out a bit but still
wasn't sure what I really needed to say. I started to get nervous when
we got there because I wasn't sure what I was going to share and what
they really needed to hear. It was a cool experience to allow the
Spirit to guide my thoughts and my talk. I ended up telling that story
about Grandpas teammate and the basketball hoop and talked about
Christ and how He is at the center of everything that we do. The Book
of Mormon is such an essential tool to help us truly come to know our
Savior. The talk went really well. I hope that they were able to feel
the Spirit and hear what they needed to hear.

We had some other cool experiences this week as well that just add to
my testimony that Heavenly Father places us in the paths of those who
we need to meet and talk to. His timing and His hand in our lives is
incredible.


I found out that Elder Kersten one of the Spanish missionaries in Madras, his grandparents lived in Strawberry for awhile! They were the Murphys. We thought that it was crazy! Small world!

The more that I study every day and teach
eve day the more that I appreciate our family and the Eternal
happiness that comes with the Plan of Salvation. The knowledge that we
can all live together forever is so sweet!

Today I studied alma 37. My plaque scripture is Alma 37:46. The path
to Eternal life with Heavenly Father, Christ, and each other as
families is not super complicated. It is relatively easy to
understand. We have to make sure that we don't get complacent because
of the "easiness of the way". Reading the scriptures, especially the
Book of Mormon, praying, and renewing our baptismal covenants are SO
important to keep us moving forward on our path to perfection. I am
definitely grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation and the
fact that Christ's church truly has been restored with the proper
authority. We truly are blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment