Friday, August 19, 2016

First Few Days at the MTC

 The first couple of days have been a whirlwind. I have two companions, Elder Partridge and Elder Fisk. They are both coming to Salem with me. Elder Partridge is straight out of high school. He isn't as big on sports or anything like that and is sort of reserved, but he is a good kid. Elder Fisk is 19, soon to be 20. He spent the past four years living in the Kansas City area near where Staci is sort of. He is a little more outgoing, at least more so than me. In our district, we have a total of 7 Elders and 3 Sisters. The Sisters are all going to the Portland mission. The other Elders are going to the Salt Lake City Mission. I am definitely the oldest in the district though.

The first day was a ton at first. We went straight through some orientation stuff and to a meeting. The Spirit was definitely present in the meeting, especially when we were singing. After that we got to know our teachers a bit. We have two teachers who will rotate off and on. Yesterday, we taught our first lesson to an investigator (which was our teacher). It went alright, but it is definitely something that I am not used to. I hope that as I continue trying to study and work I will be able to teach by the Spirit and not worry about things. I am trying to allow the Spirit to guide my thoughts and studies.

 And I am exhausted! I am sure that that is not going to change over the next 2 years though.



>

No comments:

Post a Comment